Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pincushion fever returns

This weekend I decided to play around with making some pincushions. I have about a gazillion pincushion patterns that I want to make - these are two of them:

This one started as a test block for an idea I had for my quilt for Doll Quilt Swap 7. It didn't make the cut for the doll quilt so I bordered it and made it into a pincushion.

This one is a Leanne's House pattern that I got as a kit in a pincushion of the month club from Quilt Fabric Delights in Austrailia. There are 3 or 4 other designs that are part of the pattern too. I had a little problem with the ricrac on this one but hopefully I have the technique down for the next one.

I filled both with crushed walnut shells - first time I've used them and I really liked them.
Have a pieceful day!










7 comments:

antique quilter said...

adorable! love them!
where did you find the crushed walnut shells?
I think I am going to have to break down and make a few pin cushions :)
Kathie

Carin said...

Both pin cushions are beautiful!

sewkalico said...

Lovely!

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Caryn! I was going to say I really liked the patchwork one, but I really like the embroidered one too. I have a bunch of pincushions I'd like to make someday too but I can't figure out what to do with them! I love to make them though.

Kim said...

I have a bag of those crushed walnut shells too--but so far, I haven't made any pincushions! LOL! Love yours--especially the embroidered one!

Sinta Renee said...

I am so glad I stopped by... lots of eye candy... I love the pincushions!

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful pincushions.......must get my BOM's done.....