Sunday, May 25, 2008

Where does the time go?

I think I found a new favorite gift for bridal showers! This was quick, easy and inexpensive. It wasn't really a gift on its own - it was an extra with the real gift. I got the idea from a magazine or book when browsing at the craft store the other day.

It is a Wedding Day Emergency Kit for the Bride - I decorated a metal tin in the bride's colors and put a variety of items inside that she might have a need for on the wedding day - tissues, mints, sewing kit, nail files, safety pins, bobby pins, etc. The shower was today and the bride seemed to like it.

Things have been crazy around here lately - I don't know why but I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day. My oldest daughter graduated from college last weekend and the very next day left to spend the summer with her friend in South Carolina. Here is a pic of her and her roommates:

Yesterday we went to a Wine Festival with Mary and her husband and another couple we are friends with. Then we went back to Mary's house for BBQ. We had a really great day. Today was the bridal shower and tomorrow we have a picnic too. All fun things but I would really love one day just to stay and home and get some stuff done (including some quilting stuff). Hopefully I can squeeze something in before and after the party tomorrow.

Have a Pieceful weekend!

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

What a great bridal shower gift! Where were you when I needed you LOL???? Love the pic of your daughter and friends too -- that just says it all!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love the bride's tin! I have a niece getting married in July so I definitely will be using this idea!

Kim said...

Great photo of your daughter and friends! I hope you're finding a little time for yourself! Maybe this weekend?