Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where do I start?

Well, I haven't posted in a while but this time I can't say its because I haven't been doing any quilting. I've actually got lots done in the last month, thanks in part to attending my guild quilting retreat. More on that in a minute...

...before I forget, my friend's grandson won the cutest baby pic contest - thanks to all who voted for him!

Okay, back to some show and tell... before the retreat, I finished some little projects I had hanging around since last year... 2 table toppers and 2 pumpkin appliqued towels... I also made a little fleece and minkee machine embroidered baby blanket for a friend's new granddaughter.







At the quilting retreat weekend I finished 3 UFO quilts and a tote bag (need to take pics of those). I also finished my embroidered leaf rag quilt that I've been working on: the color in this picture is horrible but you get the idea. After the retreat I had a week off from work but got a virus right after returning from the retreat. I had a lot of couch time last week so I cross stitched a biscornu pincushion
Last but not least I made my SSCS gift - not quite ready to put it in the mail yet. The deadline is Nov. 25 and I have a few other little surprises I want to add to the package. I also got my oldest UFO back from the quilter - it looks fantastic. Once the weather clears up a bit and I am home during daylight I will post pics of the quilts - this post probably has enough pictures already!

Have a Pieceful Day!

12 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh! You've been BUSY! I especially love the little pumpkin towels and the little minkee blanket. Very, very nice!

antique quilter said...

wow what a busy bee you have been!
Love the tea towels and the quilt looks so cozy!
beautiful pincushion too.
hope all is well...
Kathie

Kim said...

Wow! You HAVE been productive! Too bad about that virus though--doesn't it seem like that kind of thing always happens? At least you made good use of your "down" time! And I particularly love your pumpkin towels!

Carmiña said...

Hello,
Lovely leaf rag quilt.
Thanks for share.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!

You've got a lot things done while you were hiding from us!!! (lol)
I love everything you've made and especially that rag quilt looks so cozy!!
Hope the virus has gone away from you already.

Cheryl said...

Wow you have got a lot accomplished! Each and every project is wonderful.

Karen said...

I think the more pictures, the better! I like all your neat projects. I love the applique towels. I need to make something like that!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Caryn you have been busy I really like your shaggy quilt.

Noémia said...

You have done many work! It's good to be busy and finish old projects!

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been very busy. Doesn't it feel great to get so much finished. Job well done.

I love,love, love the pincushion.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Wow you have been a busy quilter! Congrats on getting the UFO's out of the UFO catagory!

sewkalico said...

Wonderful work! You ahve done so much. Perhaps I should blog less and sew more LOL.
Those pumpkin toppers are really cute!