I can't say I am sorry to see 2008 go - while I can't say it was a bad year personally, the first half of 2008 all DH and I seemed to do was go to wakes and funerals. We had over 12 in the first 4 months or so of the year! Thank goodness that trend did not continue all year. On a positive note, I started my blog in 2008 and have really enjoyed it- even if I don't post as often as I'd like. One of my goals for 2009 is to post more often and to continue to do more swaps.
So, since it is New Years I feel compelled to list some goals for the new year. So here goes:
1. DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of money I spend on quilting and crafting! This morning I tallied the money I had spent since October and multiplied it by 4 to get an average for the year - it wasn't pretty. The sad part is last year was probably a lot less than I've spent other years! The sad part is I have a TON of projects all ready to go - I don't consider them UFOs because they are not even started! So this year I will work primarily with what I have and only buy for VERY special projects or backings and borders.
2. Get caught up on the quilting part of the process. Right now I have about 8 flimsies that need quilting - by the end of 2009 I want to have those done plus whatever new projects have been started this year. I will quilt most of them myself but the really large or intricate ones will go to a longarmer.
3. Post to my blog more often (at LEAST twice a week). It isn't as if I don't have stuff to say, I just don't seem to get around to doing it. I also have a hard time getting around to taking pictures and then I don't post until the pictures are taken, etc. etc.
4. Start a good old paper journal. I found a set of journal prompts at http://www.organizedchristmas.com/ last year and meant to start journaling but never did. This year I will!
5. Bring my lunch to work 2-3 days per week. The money I spend on lunches is ridiculous as is the calories I consume from deli - bought lunches. So in an effort to conserve both money and calories I will start bringing my lunch.
6. DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of bank charges I incur! I rely on the ATM way too much and all those dollar (or $3 depending on the bank!) charges add up.
Are you seeing a pattern here about saving money - LOL!
7. Be better at keeping in contact with friends/relatives. After all of the aforementioned funerals earlier this year I vowed to keep in touch with people better and I have to say I have failed miserably at it. So I am going to set a goal to call at least 2 people a week that I don't see on a regular basis to keep in touch. Time just slips by too fast and before you know it the only contact you have all year with an old friend is a Christmas card.
8. Make time to do more fun things like see some broadway shows, lunches with friends or my DDs, have friends over for dinner, etc. All the things that when I take the time to do them I wind up saying "we should do this more often."
and of course what list of goals/resolutions wouldn't be complete without the old standbys:
9. Lose weight and get in shape.
10. Keep my house cleaner.
Well, there they are for the world to see. I make some goals every year. Some years they get written down, some they don't. This is definitely the most detailed they've ever been! Maybe that and the fact that they are out there on the world wide web will help in accomplishing them!
Hope all of you accomplish all of your goals for 2009 and that you have a happy, healthy, safe and fulfilling 2009!
Have a Pieceful Year!