Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shopping, Stitching & Superbowl

That pretty much describes this weekend - shopping for sneakers with DD, shopping at the sale at the LQS with some of the posse and then some stitching last night and today - and of course the Superbowl tonight - the only night of the year when I go to the kitchen or bathroom during the show and run back to the tv for the commercials! Except of course during half-time - couldn't miss my baby Bruce (although he does seem to be getting older these days!). While at the LQS I picked up some goodies - this fabric is for a spring Girly Girl tote.




And this fabric is for the Flea Market bag (the pink and green) and the Ella bag (the blue floral, dots and toile) from Grand Revival Design. The taupe dots go with an extra yard of the blue floral to Mary for her Flea Market bag. This whole fabric line was gorgeous - I could have bought the whole thing!


These are the bag patterns - arent they great?


And here is my journal from my second lesson of the online class. This one is a sketchbook. I don't sketch much except for practicing machine quilting designs. I may use it for that or I may give it to DD who loves elephants - if she wants it.



And finally last night I finished the first block of the month from Bunny Tales.

Unfortunately the weekend is almost over :( But at least it has been productive and enjoyable!
Have a pieceful day!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caryn -- Your second journal is also gorgeous -- and what beautiful fabric!!! Can't wait to see it! And the block is great too! You were VERY productive this weekend! Florence

Thimbleanna said...

Your BOM looks just perfect -- and you got it done in January! I love that grand revival fabric too!

Julie in the Barn said...

Great fabric choices. Your BOM turned out so cute. What perfect basket fabric.

sewkalico said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Great bag patterns and beautiful journals!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very nice fabric and your BOM looks great.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love the Grand Revival fabrics and patterns. I keep buying that fabric. It's the best. Great job on your block by Bunny Hill.