Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter Still Life

I just recently finished the binding on this quilt. It was my first applique quilt. I've done an applique block here and there but never something of this size. I learned a lot. I did the center panel with the back basting applique method and would definitely use that method again.

Tonight I finished a quilt top for a coworker of DH - they just adopted a baby from Guatemala and DH asked me to make a quilt. I picked up a kit at the quilt store and have been meaning to start it for a month. DH kept harassing me to make the quilt - last week he texted me a picture of the baby with a caption "baby Smith - she looks cold." DH is very understanding about quilting - this Sunday he drove 30 minutes out of our way so I could stop at a favorite quilt store. We stopped at the local Thai place for lunch, but still, we could have eaten in a great restaurant without going out of our way. So the guilt overcame me this weekend and I started the quilt - I mean he tolerates a lot of quilty stuff, and then when he asks me to make a quilt I keep putting it off. Tonight I finished the top - mitered borders and all. It was too dark tonight to post a picture so it will have to wait for tomorrow.

So, I'm curious - what does YOUR DH think of your quilting? Is he supportive of your habit? Is he jealous of it?

Have a pieceful day!

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Caryn! My hubby is very supportive!

Debbie said...

My sweetie is very patient and supportive of my quilting habit! His mother, also a quilter, raised him right! :-)

Pieceful Jane said...

My DH is very supportive of my quilting passion. He never gives me grief about my stash or the messy state of my sewing room. I love that man!

Kim said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I love your applique piece--beautiful! My husband is very supportive of quilting and any type of creative endeavors--in fact, he's just generally supportive all around. Of course, he probably knows I'd have to kill him otherwise--ROFLOL!