Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy belated National Quilting Day to everyone too! The only thing I did quilt related on Saturday was go shopping! I bought 12 yards of batting for the quilts I still have to quilt and 27 fat quarters at a $1 fat quarter sale at the LQS.

My hand is still bothering me so I've been trying not to use it. It doesn't seem to bother me when machine piecing although rotary cutting is kinda iffy. So yesterday all I did was piece some blocks for a raffle quilt that were already cut. I did pull out a lot of my fabric yesterday to take an inventory of sorts. This was prompted by my buying a Scrap Quilts book on Saturday. I decided that as soon as my hand feels better I will start cutting and sorting my scraps the way Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville recommends. I also vowed that when I do buy fabric for stash it will be in larger amounts. I am lacking in larger pieces to use for borders and backings. I wish I could say I vowed not to buy anything else until I use some of this up - but been there, done that and it didn't last! It would take years to use all this up and I know I don't have that kind of willpower - but I will at least try to restrain myself as much as possible!

Have a Pieceful Day

2 comments:

Kim said...

Shopping on National Quilting Day certainly qualifies as a quilting pursuit in my estimation! LOL! I'm glad to hear your hand is getting better, but I hope you're able to do some cutting before long! Don't you just love doctors?! LOL! Well, in a roundabout way, they pay MY salary, so who am I to complain?! Not me! Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too!

Teresa said...

You are smart not to overdo it on your hand. Sometimes the best medicine is to just give it a rest, although I know that must be hard when you have important stuff to do - like quilting! Hope you recover completely.