Wednesday, January 7, 2009

BOM fever!

It seems everywhere I look today there is a new FREE block of the month! Anne Sutton over at Bunny Tales has a really cute applique BOM and Gail Pan has a stitichery BOM and they are both FREE! Both first blocks are adorable too!


I've already traced Gail Pan's block #1 - as a matter of fact, after I started this post DH wanted to use the laptop and by the time I got it back I have this block almost all stitched. Hopefully will get it finished tomorrow night!

The other block of the month I worked on tonight is Block #11 of Lynette Anderson's Noah's Ark stitchery BOM. I was VERY behind on these but picked them up again Christmas night and in the week after Christmas I finished five blocks and caught up. I traced this one earlier also

and finished it tonight. Now all I need is the last one next month. Here is a picture of the one's I have done so far (except the latest one done tonight)

I may try to put the log cabin borders on these during this next month so once the last block comes out I can stitch it and put the little quilt together.
Along with these I have an applique block of the month that has been hanging around a long time and a pieced block of the month from a few years ago that I only got 2 or 3 blocks done on. Then there is the pieced and appliqued BOM that has the piecing done but not the applique! I am going to try to get those done this year if I can. I doubt I'll get them all done but maybe I can get one or two done and make some progress on the others.
Have a pieceful day!!!



3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

These are cute but I'm not good at BOM quilts - I have one that My Mom helped with and it's still in block form. Maybe this is the year I'll get it assembled.

antique quilter said...

good luck!!!!!
I am so tempted to do Anne's as I love snowmen but pretty much vowed to stay with the plan this year.
Make the quilts I have wanted to make for a long time!!!!
lets see if I can stick to that plan...its hard when you see all these new wonderful projects on blogs...
Kathie

Perry said...

I have downloaded both of thesse. Will see if I manage to do them, lol.