Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Finish of 2009!

I actually finished this on the 7th but it is a gift so I didn't want to post about it until it was given to its recipient (who reads my blog). My friend Susan is a serious tea drinker so when I saw this pattern I had to get it and make it for her!








The only disappointing thing is that I used one of those blue disappearing ink type pens to trace the stitchery - for the first time, Unfortunately, when I wet it to remove the ink, in some spots the blue ink keep coming back or even creeping into new places! I generally try not to mark my quilts but I am glad this happened on a small project instead of a large one! Anyone else have trouble with those blue pens?


Have a pieceful day!


11 comments:

Perry said...

What a neat stitchery! Don't know what to tell you about the blue pins, I use pencil and have no problems with it because the stitching covers it. Your friend will love it regardless because it came from you.

Perry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
antique quilter said...

that is sooooo cute.
oh those blue pens, I stopped using them after hearing the blue comes back ..sometimes the next day or 6 weeks later in some spots.

maybe she just needs to really dampen the stitchery to get rid of the blue all together?
worth a try I guess
Kathie

Thimbleanna said...

What a cute project! I love how you used the ric rac too!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a cute project!~ can you tell me where you found the pattern? I haven't had any problems with the blue pens, but I do soak it out in a lot of water, and then wash whatever I've used it on, so it should be good and gone. ;-)

sewkalico said...

It's gorgeous. Sorry to hear about the pen, I've not used them before, but then I've never done a stitchery before either...

Mary Johnson said...

I don't have problems with the blue pen but I get the finished quilt completely soaked with COLD water. This is very cute.

Pieceful Jane said...

Very cute project! I have also battled the reappearing blue pen. I don't use them anymore.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh this is wonderful! I love it.

MichelleB said...

I LOVE this project! Can you share where you got it?

Nancy said...

I use the blue pens all the time. When you rinse them out, rinse from the back of the stitchery so you are not pushing that blue into the batting or backing...