Monday, August 11, 2008

A little progress

Despite the best of intentions I didn't get my oldest UFO finished this weekend - too much going on with having all three kids home at once. I'm not complaining though, as Anna noted on her blog, before you know it they are off on their own for good. I did get my package in the mail with the border and backing fabric I ordered.

The best part was I got it on sale!!! I had bought one fat quarter a while back. It looked good in the store but I wanted to see it up against the blocks. It looked good when I got it home but the store is 2 hours away and I never got around to calling to have them send it to me. Last week when I got some progress made on the oldest UFO I pulled out the fat quarter to see what fabric line it was and did a search on quiltshops.com. I found it in a bunch of online stores and one if them had it marked down to $5.95/yard. How can you beat that when you are ordering 13 yards?

So I got the borders started. If I don't get them finished until after DS gets on his way back to college next week - that's okay. After 18 years in UFO status, can I really get impatient now? LOL!

Cheryl at Polka Dots and Rick Rack is having a giveway for her one year anniversary of blogging - so check it out and while you are there check out the pics of her brandy new baby grandson Luke!

2 comments:

Marilyn Robertson said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your oldest UFO finished!

Ginger Patches said...

18 years? Wow! That will feel so good when you get it finished. Finding fabric on sale is good...when you need 13 yards it's awesome :)