I've spent the better part of the morning editing my blog. I still can't quite find a color I really like for the background but maybe once I find a quilt I really like for the header it will be easier. As you can see I did put a quilt in the header. I haven't done it before because I don't really like the header being that big and I can't really figure out how to make it smaller. I am not fluent in html. Can anyone give me some tips on how to make the header smaller without using a completely different template?
***Edit*** - Thank you to all who commented on how to change the size of the picture. I could have sworn I tried this when I started my blog and it hadn't worked but I guess I either didn't try it then or was doing something else wrong because it worked this time!
Some of the changes I did manage to make by myself were adding more blogs to the list of blogs I read - I have about 150 blogs on my bloglines so I could not put them all on my sidebar but I did update with a bunch more than I had. There are more to go but I ran out of time. I also finally added some links to swaps, etc. I am participating in and made a few other small changes.
Last night was the Tricky Tray at the fire department where DH is a member. Our little firehouse quilting group made this lap quilt to be donated for one of the prizes. A few of the quilting ladies were in attendance last night and bid on the quilt but none of us won it. It actually went to my neighbor up the street. I was glad it went to someone I knew and she seemed thrilled to win it so I would rate it as an all around success.
I forgot to take a picture of the prize I won last night- it was a poster frame with about 15 instant lottery tickets taped inside. It was the most bid on prize and I was lucky enough to win it. So far I won $22 from the tickets. DH went and cashed them in for me this morning and got half of the winnings in new tickets - so there is still a change of winning big!